Friday, May 8, 2009

Cra-zay.

Wow, so my incredible trend of writing consistently went down in the drain. Dangit. I'll try better. Promise. Let's go back to training week. I flew out to Colorado and spent a week of training at WorldVenture. It was such a great time! We trained from about 8:30-5 each day. I learned so much about WorldVenture as an organization, how things work, what to do, etc. plus so many things that helped me grow personally but also as a missionary. Amazing. It was great to meet all of these people that have helped me so much along the way! It was also incredibly encouraging to hear how exciting the entire staff was about Hope Alive! and the whole field that I'm going to. I kept hearing what an incredible team that is there and it made me THAT much more excited and anxious to meet everyone there!

The one bad thing about training? I woke up the first morning...opened the shades...and saw inches of SNOW. Ridiculous, people. Ri-stinking-diculous.

One of the best parts of being in Colorado was the time that I got to spend with my aunt and uncle! They live about 40 minutes or so away from WorldVenture so I spent both weekends with them. What a blast! The time with them was filled with lots of laughter. Oh, and my oh-so-patient uncle taught me how to drive a manual. With Uganda being a former British colony, they only have manual cars and drive on the other side of the road. Ugh. Knowing that I HAVE to learn, I became my uncle's student. It went better than expected but I have a long way to go. Feel free to add that one to your prayer list. For those that would like to see what I'll be dealing with traffic wise in Kampala, feel free to check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXaQ8lhyqkQ 

Make you want to pray for me more? Good. I'm going to need it.

Since coming back from Colorado, I feel like I've been sprinting and getting nowhere. Currently, I'm absolutely exhausted. This weekend will give no break to that. Also, it is at this point that my date that I had intended on leaving will not happen. I expected to be more disappointed but knowing how insane things are right now, I need more time to get everything done. God knew. His timing IS perfect, right? :) I'm hoping to leave SOON still! I have this hope that the last of it will just FLY in and I can go from there. 

Tomorrow is Liberty's commencement. It'll be the last commencement that I've planned and I can't wait to never do it again. :) Tomorrow is also a day full of heart wrenching goodbye's. There will be many at graduation alone. After that, I'll be heading down to Greensboro to meet my dear dear friend Laura. We'll be meeting in the middle to have dinner, catch up, and say our goodbyes. Ugh, I'm tearing up even thinking about it. It's hard enough knowing that I won't meet her little baby boy when he comes in August. Sigh. This is just the beginning of my goodbye's. Whew. This is going to be rough. Life as I've known it for the past seven years is coming to a close. I'm at the edge of a new crazy life!

I have this odd feeling that the whirlwind is just beginning...

No comments: