Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Eye of the Storm

I recently had a conversation with a friend and they asked how I was doing with this whole waiting to go to Uganda deal. I told them that I feel as though I'm in the eye of the storm. I'd say that it was the calm before the storm but, let's be honest here, there was a storm before this too. This whole process of support raising is a rollercoaster with storms of its own. Right now, there's this calm. I have no more churches to speak at (unless any of you know of any that are dying to hear me talk about Uganda?). I'm done with speaking at small groups. I'm not done support raising but I'm pretty much done with the traveling every weekend and speaking a few times a week part. Ahh, the eye. It's anticipating the insanity of when my flight gets bought and all craziness breaks lose as I figure out when I'm going (at last!), say goodbye to all of my dear friends here, fly back home to Iowa, and pack everything I need for two years into two suitcases. It's knowing that whenever I arrive in Uganda, it is going to be NUTS in that everything will be different from what I have ever known, everything being new and an entire life change. 

So...welcome to the eye. Ahhh. It's nice. It's a chance for me to READ (as seen in the previous post). It's a chance for me to catch up with my friends; have quality goodbye's instead of rushed ones. I've been taking this time to get everything ready for me to go when the time comes. God has already taught me so much and transformed me in numerous ways. He's definitely not done yet. He continually shows me that He's in control. I have no clue how the rest of the support is going to come in. I know that He knows. I know that He's in control. I know that it will be Spirit led. I'm excited to see how He's going to do it! 

Now, onto a new book: "Banker To The Poor: Micro-Lending and the Battle Against World Poverty". 

No comments: